HomeProductsAnswersClaimsCareersAbout UsContact

How can we help?

Your guide to everything about Insurance & Simplinsur.

Home & Property Insurance

Your guide to everything you need to know. Simply click on the question to get the info.

What is liability protection?

Liability protection means your insurance carrier will hire a lawyer to defend you, and pay covered damages you are found liable for, in the event someone claims to be injured due to your actions or negligence, or there is property damage to someone else’s property caused by your actions or negligence. Make sure to read your policy. If you experience an incident that may fall under this coverage, then make a claim by calling your insurance carrier.

As someone who rents, how much coverage do I need?

Your policy limits for coverage should be determined by the value of your personal property. If you own jewelry, art, musical instruments or other valuables that are worth considerably more than your coverage limits, let us know and we will be happy provide a quote to ensure those items are covered as well.

Should I get additional coverage for my personal property?

That’s entirely up to you. Additional Coverage can provide you with protection over and above your base policy coverages like accidental loss, damage, and theft.

Should I get additional coverage for my jewellery?

Your base policy covers your jewelry for a specific amount in total (be sure to check your policy to confirm the limits). So, sum up your jewels, and if it’s more than the amount you’re covered for, you may need additional coverage.

What is a deductible?

This is the amount that will be deducted from any claim settlement you may receive. And the higher the deductible, the lower your annual or monthly policy premium will be.

Auto Insurance

Your guide to everything you need to know. Simply click on the question to get the info.

How do claims and convictions affect my automobile insurance?

The primary purpose of purchasing insurance protection is to be able to make a claim for a covered mishap when and if it occurs. It is true that an at-fault claim can result in an adjustment to your premium or coverage availability upon policy renewal.

However, most insurance companies today offer an option to buy a claims protection endorsement that will waive the impact of your first accident on your insurance premium. Each insurance company has their own guidelines on the availability of this endorsement, so ask your insurance broker if you qualify to purchase it. Not-at-fault claims or comprehensive claims will not generally cause your insurance cost to rise, but a frequency of these sort of claims could result in higher deductibles or the withdrawal of optional coverage.Always contact your insurance broker to be clear on the impact of a claim on your auto insurance cost. Traffic tickets will, in most cases, have some impact on your insurance cost. The severity and number of the tickets will be the determining factor on the size of the increase in your insurance cost. Serious violations can result in the non-renewal of your insurance policy. Most insurance companies will charge for traffic violations that have been registered on your driver’s license in the past 36 months from the date of your policy application or policy renewal.

My child has recently obtained her license. Do I need to add her to my policy?

Requirements and laws vary from province to province but generally, once a child who lives in the same household obtains a license that allows them to drive with no restrictions, you’re required to add them to your policy. Talk to your licensed insurance broker to make sure you comply with the regulations in your province.

Mortgage Protection Insurance

Your guide to everything you need to know. Simply click on the question to get the info.

If I miss a premium payment is my policy automatically void?

A grace period of 60 days is granted for the payment of any premium falling due, during which period the Insurance will remain in force. If any premium is not paid within the grace period, the Insurance will terminate.

Who has access to my personal information provided in my application?

We limit access to personal information in your file to Canada Life staff or persons authorized by Canada Life who require it to perform their duties and to persons to whom you have granted access.

Can the validity of my insurance policy be contested?

The validity of this Insurance coverage will not be contested, except for non-payment of premiums or fraud, after it has been in force for two (2) years from its date of issue.

Can I reduce my coverage if I make lump sum payments yearly on my mortgage?

Yes, once per year you can contact Canada life and receive a reduction in coverage if you make a minimum 5% lump sum reduction to your mortgage.

Can I choose when my premiums are withdrawn from my account?

Yes, you can have your premiums withdrawn as soon as your application is approved and taken out weekly, biweekly, semi monthly even monthly. This option is included on your application. You can change your payment frequency at any time.

Are pipe and cigar smokers considered smokers?

Yes, pipe and cigar smokers are considered smokers because they are using tobacco products. The same applies to vaping products.

If I apply for the insurance as a smoker and then stop smoking, will my premiums be reduced?

You can have your premiums reviewed if you have been smoke free for 12 consecutive months. You do not need to reapply, just contact us to have your situation assessed for a reduction.

Will my insurance coverage be terminated if I change lenders?

No it will not. One of the main advantages of working with Simplinsur and our brokers is that your coverage is portable, which means it remains in place should you change lenders.

With the portability feature: if I sell my house and build a new one which doesn’t close immediately, can the coverage still be ported on to the next mortgage?

Yes, portability of existing coverage must be within 90 days between homes in the case of selling one home and moving into another.

Does the “Portability” feature of the program apply to mortgage refinances as well as to transfers?

Yes, the intention of the portability feature is to maintain existing coverage if you move your mortgage from one property to another or from one lender to another. The original coverage stays in effect if the mortgage is refinanced or transferred/switched to a new mortgage either with the same lender or a new lender. You can apply for coverage on the new money advanced.
- $200,000 mortgage
- TD is the lender and Simplinsur is in effect
- Refinanced 5 years later with TD
- New mortgage: $240,000
- Additional coverage required: $ 40,000

Contact your Mortgage Broker for more details.

If I answer yes to one of the questions on the application form it goes to medical underwriting for approval. When does coverage become effective and when do premium payments commence?

Coverage becomes effective on the date you’ve selected on the application form – either the day the application is approved by Canada Life or the day your mortgage closes. Your premium payments commence on the same day. If you chose “funded date” as the date for coverage to begin and the application is approved after that date, premiums commence immediately and the first payment will include a pro-rated amount from the date of funding to the date of approval.

Can I apply for coverage if I initially waived this coverage?

Yes, you can do so at any time by contacting your Mortgage Broker.

Is partial coverage available?

Yes, partial coverage can be made available through your Mortgage Broker.

What qualifies as a disability to receive a claim?

Any injury or illness incurred by the insured person who is under the care of a physician, which prevents the insured from performing every duty of his/her or occupation or employment.

Can two parties each have 100% disability coverage?

Yes, both applicants do qualify for 100% coverage but in the event of a joint claim, Canada Life will only pay the total insured monthly payment.

Can Canadians living in the US obtain mortgage insurance coverage?

Yes, if you are a Canadian resident and living in the USA for a portion of the year(e.g. snowbirds living in the USA for 6 months and in Canada for 6 months), you are eligible for coverage on your Canadian property.

Can the product be used to cover commercial mortgages?

No, this is strictly a residential mortgage program.

How competitive are our premium rates?

A thorough review of lender programs and insurance providers in the mortgage space was conducted. Comparing eight competitors providing insurance products in our market, our premiums are on average 10% less than market.

Is there a fee if I cancel my coverage?

No there is not. You may cancel this Insurance at any time with no additional fees. If you cancel within thirty (30) days of the effective date of Insurance you will receive a full refund of any premiums paid and the Insurance coverage will never have been in force.

Frequently Asked Questions

Your guide to everything you need to know. Simply click on the question to get the info.

What is Simplinsur?

Simplinsur is Canada’s bold new brokerage for all your insurance needs. We believe in simple ,straightforward, uncomplicated protection designed specifically to take the worry out of insurance. We are the one-stop shop for competitive rates & coverages you have been waiting for.

Who owns Simplinsur?

Simplinsur is fully owned and operated by Canada's undisputed #1 in mortgage origination, the M3 Group. The broker-led, technology driven, consumer obsessed organization remains Canada’s undisputed #1 non-bank mortgage originator, and the largest, most respected consumer ally when it comes to their 3 primary businesses —mortgage, ancillary products, and technology.

How do I get Simplinsur?

You can contact us by phone:
Auto & Home Insurance: 1-877-213-7647 (QC)  
Auto & Home Insurance: 1-800-689-6119 (All provinces except QC)
Life & Disability Insurance: 1-888-672-0888 (QC) 1-647-204-0439 (Rest of Canada)
Creditor Insurance: 1-647-204-0439 or 1-437-213-1431 (All provinces except QC and BC)      

Or by email
General Questions : reception@SimplAssur.ca (QC)  
General Questions : bcsales@SimplAssur.ca (B.C.)
General Questions : insurance@SimplAssur.ca (All provinces except QC and B.C.)
Broker Support: knoel@simplassur.ca (QC)
Broker Support: carrie@SimplAssur.ca (All provinces except QC and B.C.)

Is Simplinsur an insurance carrier?

No, we are not. We work closely with some of the biggest, most highly respected insurance carriers in the industry to ensure our customers enjoy the most competitive rates & coverages.

How can I reach you?

You can contact your mortgage broker or for home and automobile insurance you can also contact our call center at 1-800-689-6119 in all Canadian provinces except Quebec. For Quebec, please call 1-877-213-7647.

Is my information kept confidential?

We highly value and respect your privacy. We will not share or sell your information for marketing purposes without your proper consent. Note, we may share certain personal information with our partners and providers to run our service and to resolve an incident.

Step 1 of 4

Tell us a bit about yourself

Step 2 of 4

What is your property address?

Step 3 of 4

Let us know more about your property

Step 4 of 4

Anything else you want to tell us?

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.